Former Bachelorette contestant ‘died of natural causes’ after ‘overdose of prescription drugs’
BATES BROTHERS CLUB, LOS ANGELES — A former Bachelorettes sister has died of natural cause, police said.
Her death was announced Tuesday by the Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office.
A friend of the family told The Associated Press on Wednesday that the younger woman was in the hospital and in critical condition.
She had been prescribed the powerful painkiller Xanax, the Los Angeles News Group reported.
A GoFundMe page for the woman’s funeral was set up Tuesday.
It raised more than $2,000 in less than 24 hours.
In a statement, the sister said she was “a beautiful, generous and loving person who loved to laugh, travel, and cook.”
She was known for her love of cooking and was “always smiling and laughing, always feeling good and never giving up,” the statement read.
She was a member of the Bachelors Barbers Club and had worked as a hairstylist, hairstylists, beauty technicians, hair stylists, makeup artists and a stylist at some of the largest beauty salons in Los Angeles.